Hannah3 Partridge (John2, _______ Partridge1) was born on 15 Apr 1658 in Medfield, Massachusetts to John Partridge and Magdalene Bullard. She died on 08 Mar 1679/80 in Medfield. She married Joseph Rockwood (son of Nicholas Rockwood and Margaret Holbrook) on 02 Apr 1679 in Medfield. He was born in 1659. He died on 21 Jul 1693 in Swansea, Massachusetts.
They resided in Medfield, he in Swansea, after her death. One child.
Name Variants[edit | edit source]
The surname is often spelled as Rocket or Rockett in the old records.
Family[edit | edit source]
Joseph Rockwood and Hannah Partridge had the following child:
- Hannah Rockwood was born on 22 Feb 1678/79 in Medfield, Massachusetts. There appears in the Vital records of Medfield a marriage of a Hannah Rocket to Joseph Whitne (Wight). Tilden attributes this marriage to Abigail Rocket, daughter. of Samuel and Hannah, but without sufficient proof that this is not our Hannah. More research needs to be done.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- Vital records of Medfield, Massachusetts, to the year 1850, p. 78.
- Partridge, George Homer (1904). John Partridge of Medfield, Mass. and His Descendants, p. 4. Boston: Press of David Clapp & Son.
- Medfield (1903). [Vital records of Medfield, Massachusetts, to the year 1850], p. 169. Boston, Mass. : Published by the New-England Historic Genealogical Society at the charge of the Eddy Town-Record Fund.
- Tilden, W. S. (1887). [History of the town of Medfield, Massachusetts, 1650-1886] : with genealogies of the families that held real estate or made any considerable stay in the town during the first two centuries, p. 472. Boston: G. H. Ellis.