Nathaniel3 Partridge (William2, _______ Partridge1) was born on 03 Sep 1660 in Medfield, Massachusetts to William Partridge and Sarah Colburn. He died on 25 Mar 1740/41 in Medfield. He married Lydia Wight (daughter of Ephraim Wight and Lydia Morse) on 24 Nov 1686 in Medfield. She was born on 14 Mar 1668/69 in Medfield. She died on 30 Oct 1741 in Medfield.
Schoolmaster 1718, and 1722. Selectman, 1708 and 1713. Treasurer, 1709-1710. A soldier in King Philip's War in garrison at Brookfield, 1676. Will dated -, 1739.
In his will made in 1739, he bequeaths his homestead to his son, Edward, and also mentions his sons Ephraim and Josiah, and his daughters, Lydia, Sarah, Mary, Miriam, Ruth, and Anna, and his deceased daughter Deborah.
Family[edit | edit source]
Nathaniel Partridge and Lydia Wight had the following children:
- Lydia Partridge was born on 03 Oct 1687 in Medfield, Massachusetts. She died on 20 Jan 1773 in Sturbridge, Massachusetts. She married Nathaniel Smith (son of Samuel Smith and Sarah Clark) on 24 Jun 1718 in Boston, Massachusetts. He was born on 31 Oct 1684 in Medfield. He died after 1761.
- Nathaniel Partridge was born on 13 Oct 1689 in Medfield. He died on 01 Feb 1712/13 in Medfield.
- Elisha Partridge was born on 10 Jan 1690/91 in Medfield. He died on 06 May 1712 in Medfield.
- Deborah Partridge was born on 12 Oct 1694 in Medfield. She died on 12 Jul 1723 in Medfield. She married Zechariah Barber (son of Zechariah Barber and Abiel Ellis) on 24 Dec 1717 in Boston. He was born on 19 Oct 1685 in Medfield. He died on 16 Jul 1746 in Medfield.
- Sarah Partridge was born on 05 Jan 1697/98 in Medfield. She died on 12 Apr 1761 in Douglas, Massachusetts. She married (1) Joseph Marsh on 24 Feb 1716/17 in Boston (Married by Hon. Sam. Sewall Esq. J. P.). She married (2) Jonathan Wheeler on 25 Jul 1762 in Sutton, Massachusetts.
- Mary Partridge was born on 09 Mar 1699/00 in Medfield. She died on 20 Mar 1762 in Medfield. She married (1) Ephraim Wheelock (son of Eleazar Wheelock and Mary Chenery) on 21 Nov 1755 in Medfield. He was born on 02 Mar 1695/96 in Medfield. He died on 30 May 1785 in Medfield. She married (2) Samuel Ellis (son of Eleazar Ellis and Mary Metcalf) on 12 Nov 1736 in Medfield. He was born on 29 May 1697 in Medfield. He died on 14 Jul 1751 in Medfield.
- Miriam Partridge was born on 09 Mar 1699/00 in Medfield. She died on 27 Mar 1768 in Medfield. She married Samuel Ellis (son of Samuel Ellis and Deborah Lovell) on 20 Jan 1734/35 in Medfield. He was born on 23 Feb 1695/96 in Medfield. He died on 02 Sep 1778 in Medfield. Notes for Samuel Ellis:
- Ephraim Partridge was born on 25 Feb 1701/02 in Medfield. He died on 07 Feb 1770 in Medway, Massachusetts. He married Lydia Harding (daughter of Abraham Harding and Sarah) on 22 Mar 1727/28 in Medway. She was born on 14 Dec 1701 in Medfield. She died on 15 May 1773 in Medway.
- Ruth Partridge was born on 08 Aug 1704 in Medfield. She died on 29 Jul 1778 in Attleboro, Massachusetts. She married Timothy Tingley (son of Thomas Tingley and Hester Stevens) on 27 May 1730 in Attleboro. He was born on 03 Oct 1697 in Attleboro. He died on 21 Sep 1779 in Attleboro.
- Josiah Partridge was born on 04 Jun 1706 in Medfield. He died in Dec 1778 in Douglas (Brookfield Cemetery). He married (1) Priscilla Rice (daughter of Benjamin Rice and Mary Graves) on 17 Mar 1741/42 in Marlborough, Massachusetts. She was born on 10 Sep 1708 in Marlborough. She died on 03 Mar 1792 in Brookfield, Massachusetts (Brookfield Cemetery). He married (2) Kezia Mason. She died on 09 Nov 1765.
- Anna Partridge was born on 21 Jul 1708 in Medfield. She died on 28 Jun 1799 in Sturbridge, Massachusetts. She married Hinsdale Clark (son of Nathaniel Clark and Experience Hinsdale) on 02 Dec 1735 in Sturbridge, where they resided. He was born on 25 Mar 1709 in Medfield. He died on 25 Jan 1787 in Sturbridge.
- Edward Partridge was born on 14 Sep 1710 in Medfield. He married Sarah Jones (daughter of David Jones and Sarah Boyden) on 11 Sep 1733 in Boston. She was born on 09 Sep 1713 in Wrentham, Massachusetts.
- Nathaniel Partridge was born on 22 Oct 1715 in Medfield. He died on 24 Jan 1719/20 in Medfield.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- Stearns, Ezra S. (1908) [Genealogical And Family History of the State of New Hampshire]: a Record of the Achievements of Her People In the Making of a Commonwealth And the Founding of a Nation, vol. 2, p. 509-510.
- Partridge, George Homer (1909). ''William Partridge of Medfield, Mass. and His Descendants'', p.3-4. Boston: Press of David Clapp & Son.