William3 Partridge (William2,_______ Partridge1) was born on 22 Feb 1668/69 in Medfield, Massachusetts to William Partridge and Sarah Colburn. He died on 18 Jun 1750 in Medfield. He married (1) Hannah Fisher (daughter of John Fisher and Hannah Adams) on 15 Nov 1693. She was born on 28 Dec 1674 in Medfield. She died on 11 Sep 1726 in Medfield. He married (2) Milletiah Clark (daughter of Ephraim Clark and Mary Bullen), widow of Timothy Hamant. She was born on 04 Aug 1664. She died on 23 Nov 1747.
His residence was on what is now called Green Street. By his will, of which his son Seth was administrator, he gave to his son William a tract of land consisting of 117 3/4 acres in the town of Walpole, described in the deed as lying at the "Nepnset River and Great Cedar Swamp." To his son Seth he bequeathed all his real estate in Medfield and Dedham, and to his daughters Mary and Hannah £50 each. 
Family[edit | edit source]
William Partridge and Hannah Fisher had the following children:
- William Partridge was born on 17 Oct 1695 in Medfield, Massachusetts. He died in 1782. Owned property in Walpole, Massachusetts and Stoughton, Massachusetts. In his will, drawn Feb. 4 1782, and admitted to probate Apr. 2, 1782, he bequeathed his entire estate to his "beloved friend, Swift Payson of Foxboro," and appointed him sole executor. In a deed dated Sept. 28, 1772, he is referred to as "William Partridge, laborer, of Walpole." It is apparent that he never married or, if he did, that he left no issue.
- Joseph Partridge was born on 29 Sep 1699 in Medfield. He died on 11 Apr 1705 in Medfield.
- Hannah Partridge was born on 24 Dec 1702 in Medfield. She died on 02 Sep 1780 in Medfield. She married 31 Dec 1728, Samuel Hamant (son of Timothy and Meletiah (Clark) Hamant), her step-brother. They resided in Medfield and had children.
- Seth Partridge was born on 03 Dec 1706 in Medfield. He died on 16 May 1768 in Medfield. He married Sarah Ellis (daughter of Samuel Ellis and Deborah Lovell) on 31 Dec 1738 in Medfield. She was born on 11 Jul 1708 in Medfield. She died on 19 Dec 1780 in Medfield.
- Mary Partridge was born on 27 Nov 1709 in Medfield. Received £50 from her father's estate in 1750.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- Suffolk County Probate, vol. 44, pp. 144-145.
- See Suffolk County Deeds, vols 39, p. 189; 91, p. 198; 96, p. 86; and 128, p. 268
- Partridge, George Homer (1909). ''William Partridge of Medfield, Mass. and His Descendants'', p.4. Boston: Press of David Clapp & Son.