William2 Partridge (_______ Partridge1) was born before 1622, likely in England . He died in 1692. He married (1) Sarah Pierce on 23 Sep 1654 in Medfield, Massachusetts (William Partridge & Sarah Peirce were marryed 23 : 9 : 54. by Maj. Atharton. William Partridge and Sarah Peirce were married the 23rd of the 9th month, 1654; by Major Atharton). She died on 16 May 1656 in Medfield. He married (2) Sarah Colburn (daughter of Nathaniel Colburn and Priscilla Clark) on 19 Sep 1656 in Medfield (William Partridge & Sarah Colborne were marryed 19 : 9 : 56. By Captain Lusher, William Partridge and Sarah Colborne was married the 19th of the 9th month 16?? [record is sandwiched between two other records for the year of 1656].). She was born on 15 Apr 1640 in Dedham, Massachusetts. She died on 24 Aug 1716 in Medfield.
William Partridge, along with his brother John, and sister Margery traveled from England to Connecticut aboard an unnamed ship in 1650, along with John Beebe, Husbandman, late of Broughton in the County of Northampton. John Beebe wrote his will on board this ship on 18 May 1650, and both William and John witnessed the will. This will is on file at the State House in Vol. II of the State Records. . This will, evidently written while sailing has the signatures of William and John Partridge as witnesses. These signatures reportedly match those found in the record's of Medfield, however, as can be seen by the Will image below, William signed with a mark, not a signature. William received land in Medfield, where in the spring of 1651 he was granted six acres for a house-lot on North Street (otherwise known as Bachelor's Row). If William settled in Medfield immediately, or waited until his home was built, is not known. The full 1652 tax list for Medfield did not survive, and in the portion that did, William was not mentioned. William did take the Freeman's Oath in 1653, along with other men of Medfield. In the annual town meeting of Medfield, year 1655, William was one of three men chosen to "burn the woods" . In 1666, William shared a "law-book" with John Pratt, Robert Mason, and Thomas Wight (Jr.). Elected as a selectman of Medfield in 1666. Was a proprietor of Medfield in 1675, and received
Savage says that William first appears on the records of New England in 1649 but gives no indication how he came to that conclusion. 
These are the names by which William Partridge is also found in the records.
- William Partridg
- William Partredg
- William Patridge
#1975 Partridge, William
Medfield - Date: 4 Aug 1692; Will 13:75; Evidence 3:55; Probate and Letter 13:74; Inventory 13:76. 
He gave by his will one-half of his estate to his wife Sarah, and the remainder to his sons John and William.
William Partridge and Sarah Pierce had the following child:
- Eliazer Partridge, was born on 13 Mar 1656/57 in Medfield, Massachusetts. He died on 05 Aug 1658, likely in Medfield.
William Partridge and Sarah Colburn had the following children:
- Nathaniel Partridge was born on 03 Nov 1660 in Medfield, Massachusetts. He died on 25 Mar 1740/41 in Medfield. He married Lydia Wight (daughter of Ephraim Wight and Lydia Morse) on 24 Nov 1686 in Medfield. She was born on 14 Mar 1668/69 in Medfield. She died on 30 Oct 1741 in Medfield.
- John Partridge was born on 13 Feb 1662/63 in Medfield. He died on 03 Jan 1718/19, by his own hand, in Medfield.
- Elisha Partridge was born on 27 Feb 1665/66 in Medfield.
- Joseph Partridge was born on 13 Mar 1667/68 in Medfield. He died on 02 Feb 1667/68 in Medfield.
- William Partridge was born on 22 Jan 1669/70 in Medfield. He died on 18 Jun 1750 in Medfield. He married (1) Milletiah Clark (daughter of Ephraim Clark and Mary Bullen). She was born on 04 Aug 1664. She died on 23 Nov 1747. He married (2) Hannah Fisher (daughter of John Fisher and Hannah Adams) on 15 Nov 1693. She was born on 28 Dec 1674 in Medfield. She died on 11 Sep 1726 in Medfield.
- Priscilla Partridge was born on 03 Sep 1672 in Medfield. She died on 24 May 1738 in Medfield. She married Joseph Plimpton (son of Joseph Plimpton and Mary Morse) in 1699. He was born on 15 Mar 1677/78 in Medfield. He died on 21 Oct 1740 in Medfield.
- Sarah Partridge was born on 21 Jan 1674/75 in Medfield. She died on 28 Jun 1763 in Medfield. She married Ephraim Wight (son of Ephraim Wight and Lydia Morse) on 14 Sep 1702 in Medfield. He was born on 25 Jan 1672/73 in Medfield. He died on 01 Feb 1743/44 in Medfield.
- Hannah Partridge was born on 15 Aug 1677 in Medfield. She died on 19 Aug 1761 in Medfield. She married (1) John Bowers (son of John Bowers and Sarah Clark) on 30 Nov 1702 in Medfield. He was born on 22 Jan 1675/76 in Medfield. He died on 13 Jul 1729 in Medfield. She married (2) Eleazar Bullard (son of Benjamin Bullard) on 12 Nov 1734 in Medfield. He was born on 27 Jun 1676 in Medfield. He died on 04 Aug 1753 in Medfield.
- Josiah Partridge was born on 22 Jan 1679/80 in Medfield. He died on 10 May 1705 in Medfield.
- Mary Partridge was born on 22 Feb 1682/83 in Medfield. She died on 22 Jan 1748/49 in Medfield. She married Abraham Harding (son of John Harding and Elizabeth Adams) on 17 Dec 1706 in Medfield. He was born on 27 Dec 1683 in Medfield. He died on 04 May 1741 in Medfield.
- 1622 is based on age of about 70 recorded in will in 1692, but any age with a 0 after it during this time frame in history, was often used very liberally. It is probable that he was born earlier, and before his brother John.
- Vital records of Medfield, Massachusetts, to the year 1850, p. 163.
- Vital records of Medfield, Massachusetts, to the year 1850, p. 227.
- A transcription of this will can be found in A digest of the early Connecticut probate records, vol. 1, p. 96
- Tilden, William S. History of the Town of Medfield, Massachusetts, 1650-1886, (1887), pp 51-56; PDF, Archive.org (https://archive.org/).
- Indigenous people routinely burned land to drive, prey, clear underbrush and provide pastures.
- Savage, J., Dexter, O. P. (Orrando Perry)., Farmer, J.. A genealogical dictionary of the first settlers of New England: showing three generations of those who came before May, 1692, on the basis of Farmer's Register ... Boston: Little, Brown and company, vol. 3, p. 367.
- American Genealogist Vol. 14 p. 43
- Vital records of Medfield, Massachusetts, to the year 1850, p. 79.
- Vital records of Medfield, Massachusetts, to the year 1850, p. 78.
- Vital records of Medfield, Massachusetts, to the year 1850, p. 162.
- Partridge, George Homer, William Partridge of Medfield Mass. and His Descendants (1909; photostat, Boston: Press of David Clapp & Son, 1909); p. 3.
- I must presume that George Homer Partridge had scoured the town records and saw mention of the cause of death for John Partridge, as it is not mentioned in the published records. Likely an inquest was officially held which made mention.
- Vital records of Medfield, Massachusetts, to the year 1850, p. 226.