The origin of the Partridge family of Medfield, Massachusetts is currently unknown. Any suppositions, theories, or other "proof" of their English origin are unproven, and often disproven. What we do know is that John and William Partridge appeared in Medfield, Massachusetts about 1654, and were in Dedham, Massachusetts as early as 1652. That their sister, Margery, was living with William in 1654 in Medfield is proven. Therefor the nucleus of this branch of the family starts with them. Hopefully some new research on their origins will begin to lead us to proper conclusions, instead of leading us down a rabbit hole of deceit.
_______ PARTRIDGE 1 married _______ _______, likely in England.
_______ Partridge and _______ _______ had the following children:
- William Partridge was born before 1622 likely in England, and probably before that of his brother John. He died in 1692. He married (1) Sarah Pierce on 23 Sep 1654 in Medfield, Massachusetts (William Partridge & Sarah Peirce were marryed 23 : 9 : 54. by Maj. Atharton. William Partridge and Sarah Peirce were married the 23rd of the 9th month, 1654; by Major Atharton). She died on 16 May 1656 in Medfield. He married (2) Sarah Colburn (daughter of Nathaniel Colburn and Priscilla Clark) on 19 Sep 1656 in Medfield (William Partridge & Sarah Colborne were marryed 19 : 9 : 56. By Captain Lusher, William Partridge and Sarah Colborne was married the 19th of the 9th month 16?? [record is sandwiched between two other records for the year of 1656].). She was born on 15 Apr 1640 in Dedham, Massachusetts. She died on 24 Aug 1716 in Medfield.
- John Partridge was born about 1620, likely in England. He died on 28 May 1706 in Medfield. He married Magdalene Bullard (daughter of John Bullard and Magdalene George) on 15 Dec 1655 in Medfield. She was born about 18 Oct 1635. She died on 27 Dec 1676 in Medfield.
- Margery Partridge was born about 1628, likely in England. She married Thomas Mason (son of Robert Mason) on 23 Apr 1653, the first recorded marriage in Medfield. He died on 21 Feb 1675/76 in Medfield. She married a second time _______ Stacy. She died in Medfield on 7 Feb 1710/11.
- 1622 is used based on age of about 70 recorded in John's will in 1692.
- Vital records of Medfield, Massachusetts, to the year 1850, p. 163.
- Vital records of Medfield, Massachusetts, to the year 1850, p. 227.
- Vital records of Medfield, Massachusetts, to the year 1850, p. 226.
- Vital records of Medfield, Massachusetts, to the year 1850, p. 162.