The following Vital records of Sturbridge, Massachusetts start in 1738 and end in 1849. Only a couple of Partridge families settled within the limits of Sturbridge, those mentioned in the publication were primarily the families of Josiah Partridge and Malachi Partridge.
The town of Sturbridge, was established June 24, 1738, from the common land called New Medfield.
- October 25, 1754, certain lands were annexed to Sturbridge.
- June 26, 1792, a part of Charlton was annexed to Sturbridge.
- June 25, 1794, a part of Middlesex Gore was annexed to Sturbridge.
- February 15, 1816, a part of Sturbridge was included in the new town of Southbridge.
- April 6, 1839, a part of Sturbridge was annexed to Southbridge.
- CR1 - church record, Congregational
- PR1 - private record, from Fiske Diary and Family Records.
Partridge Births in Sturbridge, Massachusetts
Abigail, d. Malachi and Abigail, Aug 15, 1768.
Abner, s. Josiah and Experance, Feb 2, 1777.
Isaac, s. Malachi and Abigail, Nov 26, 1770.
Joseph, s. Josiah and Experance, Apr 15, 1775.
Lois Rockwood, d. Eleazer Jr. and Mary, Dec 9, 1813.
Puah, d. Malachi and Abigail, Dec 3, 1774.
Silas, s. Josiah and Experance, Aug 27, 1773.
Thankfull, d. Malachi and Abigail, Jul 30, 1764.
Partridge Marriages in Sturbridge, Massachusetts
Malachi [dup. Malachi Partridge] of Charlton, and Abigail Jonson [dup. Johnson], int. Nov. 10, 1758.
Josiah and Sarah Martain [dup. and dup. int. Martin], Jan 30, 1755. [Martin, CR1]
Josiah and Experance [dup Experienc] Morse, int. Dec 7, 1772.
Maranda of Holland, and Benjamin D. Weld, int. Nov 7, 1828.
Marcy and Ebenezer Rewee, April 7, 1782.
Phebe S. of Brimfield, and Joseph L. Allen, int. May 7, 1839.
Samantha [of] Holland, and Warren Plimpton, int. Feb 13, 1818.
Silas and Abigail Rowson of Holliston, int. Dec 6, 1762.
Thankfull and Lemuel Mason, Sep 18, 1786.
Partridge Deaths in Sturbridge, Massachusetts
Abigail, w. Malachi, numb palsy, Apr 29, 1808. [Patridge, w. M. P., in 72d y., CR1] [Patridge, w. Malachi, a. 73, PR1]
Puah, d. Malachi and Abigail, Sep 19, 1778.
Sarah, w. Josiah, Feb 6, 1772.
- Sturbridge (1906). Vital records of Sturbridge, Massachusetts, to the year 1850, pp. 101, 247-248, 363. Boston, Mass. : Published by the New-England Historic Genealogical Society at the charge of the Eddy Town-Record Fund.