Joseph Partridge was born to Eleazer Partridge and Elizabeth Allen in Medfield, Massachusetts, 15 Mar 1706. He removed with his father to Bellingham, where he afterwards resided. He married twice: first, 26 Feb 1729, Elizabeth (or Betty) Guernsey, born in Medfield (now Medway, Massachusetts), 10 Nov 1705, daughter of Henry and Sarah (Wheelock) Guernsey (spelled Garnsey). She died in Bellingham, Massachusetts, 13 Jan 1732; and he married second, 21 Dec 1732, Eunice Morse, born in Sherborn, Massachusetts, 10 Aug 1706, daughter of Jonathan and Jane (Whitney) Morse. She died 3 Nov 1785, “aged 80 years” Bellingham Town Records; and he died 22 Jun 1770, “aged 65 years.” Aaron Holbrook, of Bellingham, was admitted administrator on his estate, 13 Jul 1770 Suffolk Co. Prob. Rec, vol. lxix, p. 164. In the final settlement of the estate the widow Eunice received one third and her son-in-law, Aaron Holbrook, the remaining two thirds, the latter paying to Joseph’s only surviving child, Elizabeth, and to the children of his deceased daughter, Keziah Hill, their ratable shares.
This family not having any male surviving prodigy the Partridge name ends with Joseph. His daughters insure his line continues however.
Children by Elizabeth Guernsey
- Keziah Partridge, born 22 Jan 1730; died 7 Nov 1767; married 13 Mar 1758, Ephraim Hill, born Wrentham, Massachusetts, 10 July 1731, son of Ebenezer and Ann (Allen) Hill. They resided in West Medway, Massachusetts. Children.
- Elizabeth Partridge, born 24 Dec 1731; died 4 Feb 1772; unmarried.
Children by Eunice Morse:
- Hannah Partridge, born 6 Nov 1733; married 23 Jun 1762, Aaron Holbrook, born Bellingham, Massachusetts, 31 Aug 1730, son of John and Hannah Holbrook. Children. They resided in Bellingham. He died 4 Apr 1818.
- Asa Partridge, born 23 Oct 1736; died young.
- Rachel Partridge, born 14 May 1739; died young.
- Phebe Partridge, born 2 Jul 1741; died young.
- Joseph Partridge, born 26 May 1743; died 7 Oct 1746.
- Peter Partridge, born 17 Jul 1745; died 8 Oct 1746.
- Rhoda Partridge, b. Oct. 17, 1748; d. Feb. 20, 1751.
- George Homer Partridge, Partridge genealogy : descendants of John Partridge of Medfield, Massachusetts, Boston: Press of David Clapp & Son, 1904, p. 11.