Eleazer Partridge was born in Medfield, Massachusetts, 20 Feb 1664 to John Partridge and Magdalene Bullard. He inherited his father’s homestead in Medfield, and resided there until about 1723, when he purchased a tract of land in Bellingham, Massachusetts, and removed there. This property was in the vicinity of what is now North Bellingham, which for a century and a half was known as Partridgetown, and was still so designated by the oldest inhabitants until the 20th century. He married twice: first, 25 Apr 1692, Elizabeth Smith, born in Medfield, 29 Feb 1671, died 4 Jul 1704, daughter of Samuel and Elizabeth (Turner) Smith; second, Apr 9, 1705, Elizabeth Allen, daughter of William and Elizabeth (Twitchell) Allen, of Medfield. She died 26 Oct 1733; and he died 8 Nov 1736. His will was proved 2 Dec 1736 Suffolk Co. Prob. Rec., vol. xxxiii., p. 5.. Bequests were made to his sons Eleazer, Job, Joseph, Benjamin and Zachariah ; his daughter Abigail Clark; and three of his grandchildren, Joseph Ellis, Sarah Ellis and Reuben Ellis. His children were born in Medfield.
Eleazer had thirteen children by his two wives.
Children by Elizabeth Smith:
- Eleazer Partridge, born 7 Mar 1693.
- Joseph Partridge, born 16 May 1695; died in infancy.
- Elizabeth Partridge, born 16 Aug 1696; died 14 Jan 1718; married 12 Dec 1716, Joseph Ellis, born Medfield, 23 Nov 1691, died Medway, Massachusetts, 13 Mar 1757, son of Joseph and Lydia (Lovell) Ellis. They resided in Medway. One son.
- Job Partridge, born 19 May 1698; died 7 Feb 1742.
- Abigail Partridge, born 23 Mar 1700; died 17 Apr 1750; married 24 Jan 1727, Ephraim Clark, born Medfield, 27 Sep 1703, son of Samuel and Sarah (Pratt) Clark. They resided in Walpole, Massachusetts. Children.
- Rachel Partridge, born 11 Mar 1702; died 18 Nov 1727; married 26 Nov 1723, David Ellis, born Medfield, 24 Jun 1702, died Bellingham, Massachusetts, 1739, son of Eleazer and Mary (Metcalf) Ellis. They resided in Medfield, he after 1732 in Bellingham. Two children.
- Silence Partridge, born 19 Jun 1704; died 31 Oct 1704.
Children by Elizabeth Allen:
- Joseph Partridge, born 15 Mar 1706; died 22 Jun 1772.
- David Partridge, born 22 Mar 1708; died young.
- Phebe Partridge, born 5 Sep 1709; died 12 Nov 1709.
- Benjamin Partridge, born 16 May 1713; died 10 Feb 1805.
- Peter Partridge, born 22 May 1716; died young.
- Zachariah Partridge, born 22 Mar 1720; died 7 Feb 1799.
- George Homer Partridge, Partridge genealogy : descendants of John Partridge of Medfield, Massachusetts, Boston: Press of David Clapp & Son, 1904, p. 5.
|↑1||Suffolk Co. Prob. Rec., vol. xxxiii., p. 5.|