Zachariah Partridge was born in Medfield, Massachusetts, July 2, 1674, to John Partridge and Magdalen Bullard. He settled near his brother Samuel in the Black Swamp (Medway), where land was assigned him in 1702 Jameson’s Hist. of Medway, p. 41. He married, 5 Jun 1701, Mary Ellis, born in Medfield, 7 Mar 1686, died in Medway, 12 Sep 1747, daughter of John and Mary (Herring) Ellis. Zachariah Partridge died 23 Sep 1716, leaving no will. His widow married second, John Barber. On 20 Mar 1732, Edward Clark, John Adams and Timothy Clark, of Medway, were appointed “to appraise the lands and property of Zachariah Partridge, deceased, in order to settle the same upon his son Asa,” who had just attained his majority Suffolk Co, Deeds, vol. xxxi., p. 372. Payments were to be made to his sisters “Mary White, deceased, or her heirs,” Magdalen Daniels, Sarah Partridge and Phebe Partridge; and his mother was to retain her right of dower for life. On 19 Aug 1734, Asa Partridge died, unmarried, and the property was later distributed among the remaining heirs.
Children by Mary Ellis:
- Mary Partridge, born 11 Apr 1702; married 25 Jan 1726, Benjamin White. They settled in Dudley, Massachusetts.
- Magdalen Partridge, born 4 Feb 1704; died 13 Oct 1780; married 11 Feb 1724, David Daniels, born Medfield, Massachusetts, 21 Feb 1699, son of Joseph Daniels. He died Franklin, Massachusetts, 19 Nov 1781. They resided in Franklin. Children.
- Sarah Partridge, born 9 Oct 1706; married Joseph Green.
- Zachariah Partridge, born 7 Apr 1709; died 21 Aug 1718.
- Asa Partridge, born 11 Mar 1711; died 19 Aug 1734.
- Phebe Partridge, born 27 Aug 1714; married William Smead, and removed to Upper Ashuelot (now Keene, New Hampshire).