Jonathan Partridge was born to John Partridge and Elizabeth Adams in Medfield (now Millis), Massachusetts, Nov 25, 1693. He drew land in Medway, Massachusetts, in 1713, and was selectman there in 1738. His farm lay about a mile north of Medway village. In 1742, he sold this place to his brother James, and removed to Sherborn, Massachusetts. He resided there about ten years, and then removed to Barre, Rutland District, Massachusetts, where he died about 1758. He married three times: first, 13 Nov 1717, Elizabeth Learned, born in Framingham, Massachusetts, 27 Jul 1696, daughter of Isaac and Sarah (Bigelow) Learned. She died 23 Apr 1738; and he married second, 18 Jan 1739, Anne Phipps, daughter of John Phipps of Wrentham, Massachusetts, and grand-niece of Sir William Phipps, Governor of Massachusetts Morse’s History of Sherborn, p. 196. She died 9 Feb 1749; and he married third, 12 Oct 1749, Abigail Lovet of Medway. An order issued by the Judge of Probate for Worcester county, to the administrator of his estate, refers to the “children of the deceased, being eighteen in number.” The names of these children were endorsed on the back of the administrator’s account Worcester Prob., case 45567. Thirteen were born in Medway, five in Sherborn, and two in Barre.
Children of Jonathan Partridge and Elizabeth Learned:
- Martha Partridge, born 16 Mar 1718; married 1740, John Hooker, born Medfield, Massachusetts, 1713, son of Henry and Elizabeth (Hilliard) Hooker (also spelled Hucker). They resided in Medfield, Medway and Rutland, Massachusetts. One or more children.
- Elizabeth Partridge, born 17 Aug 1720; married (1) Samuel Hill, born Sherborn, Massachusetts, 11 Aug 1710, died 8 May 1761, son of John and Hannah (Rockwood) Hill; married (2) 27 Nov 1771, Joseph Daniels of Needham, Massachusetts. Children.
- Huldah Partridge, born 18 Jul 1722; married 22 Oct 1740, Joseph Hill, born Sherborn, 1 Apr 1701, son of Ebenezer and Mary (White) Hill. They resided in Holliston, Massachusetts, where he died 23 May 1767. Children.
- Jonathan Partridge, born 16 Jul 1724.
- Mary Partridge, born 19 Jul 1726; married 27 Dec 1748, Thomas Adams, born Medway, Massachusetts, 5 Apr 1726, died 5 Dec 1773, son of Daniel and Sarah (Sanford) Adams. They resided in Medway. See Adams Genealogy Children.
- Ede Partridge, born 15 Apr 1727; married 18 Jan 1750, Nathan Hilliard, born Medfield, 3 Dec 1724, son of Ebenezer and Susannah Hilliard. They resided in Medfield and Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. Children.
- Hannah Partridge, born 12 Feb 1729; married 7 Mar 1751, Simon Leland, born Sherborn, 21 Aug 1730, died 10 May 1790, son of William and Mehetabel (Breck) Leland. They resided in Sherborn. See Leland Magazine Children.
- Jasper Partridge, born 15 Apr 1732.
- Learned Partridge, born 7 Feb 1735; died young.
- Silas Partridge, born 22 Jul 1737.
Children of Jonathan Partridge and Anne Phipps:
- Thaddeus Partridge, born 28 Nov 1739.
- Reuben Partridge, born 21 Nov 1741; died 21 Aug 1801.
- Jabez Partridge, born 21 Nov 1741; died young.
- Rhoda Partridge, born 11 Feb 1744; married 11 Aug 1763, Samuel Cobb. They resided in Holliston. Children.
- John Partridge, born 28 Oct 1746.
- Jabez Partridge, born 11 Dec 1748.
Children of Jonathan Partridge and Abigail Lovet:
- Lovet Partridge, born 13 Sep 1750.
- Stephen Partridge, born 2 Aug 1752.
- Abigail Partridge, born 1 Aug 1754; married 22 Sep 1774, Grindall Taft, born Mendon, Massachusetts, 28 Nov 1753, son of Seth and Anna Taft. One or more children.
- Amariah Partridge, born 21 May 1756.